Walk On Rooflight
Starting from £1235
The Duplus walk on flat glass rooflight is designed to be flush with surrounding flooring, typically on roof terraces with decking. As with all Duplus rooflights a builders kerb is required for this product. The rooflight should be fitted first, with the surrounding flooring completed afterwards enabling an overall flush finish to be achieved. With a walk on product it is essential that the correct loading standards are considered, reference should be made to Eurocodes BS EN 1991.
Duplus walk on rooflights are suitable for residential applications and have been designed to meet the imposed load requirements of BS EN 1991 Subcategories A1, A2, A3 and A5. This means that they are capable of withstanding a uniform distributed load (UDL) of 2.5kN/m² and a concentrated load of 2.0kN. Note, for new projects started after 1st October 2013, walk on rooflights stating only compliance to the lower loads defined by BS6399 (1.5kN/m² UDL and 1.4kN concentrated load) should be avoided.
Following extensive structural glass calculations our smallest rooflights incorporate an external pane of toughened laminated glass which is 25.5mm thick. As you might expect, as the rooflight size becomes larger so does the thickness of the glass that you would be walking on, so our larger rooflights feature an external pane of toughened laminated glass which is 31.5mm – 33.5mm thick (dependant on ultimate glass specification).
Our rooflights achieve outstanding thermal performance. True U-value and Ud-value available upon request.
The extruded aluminium perimeter frame is powder coated RAL 9005 black matt as standard. Other RAL colour options are available upon request.
Avant Garde or Sandblasted anti-slip external glass treatments to BS7976-2 are available upon request.
Please refer to our website technical section for further details www.duplus.co.uk/technical/walk-on-rooflights
- Quality ProductFully factory assembled to ISO:9001 and Dow Corning® Quality Bond™ accredited
- Building RegulationsRooflights meet or surpass the U-value requirements of Part L Building Regulations
- BS EN 1991 CompliantSuitable for use in A1,A2,A3 and A5 subcategories. (UDL) 2.5kN/m2, concentrated load of 2.0kN
- Thermal PerformanceHigh resistance to condensation under normal conditions
- Bespoke Sizes & FinishesWide range of sizes available. Anti-slip treatments available to BS7976-2
- Fully AssembledRooflights are delivered fully assembled. No on site construction or additional kits necessary
- BRE TestedWeathertightness tested to BS EN 14351-1:2006 +A1:2010 clauses 4.2, 4.5 and 4.14
- Secure by DesignBuilding Regulations Part Q compliant solution available
Deliveries, Returns, Cancellations, Refunds, Terms and Conditions
Stock items delivered within 48 hours (subject to availability), custom sizes 15-20 working days (subject to workload at the time of ordering).
For further information and our full terms and conditions, please see our Customer Services page.