Starting from £1125
Our accredited structural silicone glazing techniques allow the production of a glass lantern rooflight without the requirement for internal framework to the products hips or ridge. When looking up at the rooflight, the external hip and ridge cappings are designed to remain unseen. The internal finish of the glass to glass joints creates a sleek, ’frameless’ contemporary aesthetic that is truly jaw-dropping. If preferred we offer a lantern without the external hip and ridge cappings and therefore glass to glass joints externally as well as internally – see Capless Roof Lantern.
Duplus lantern rooflights are double glazed in clear toughened safety glass as standard, with options of blue, bronze or grey tinting or if preferred, an obscure finish for privacy or high performance solar control to minimise solar gain (g) and maximise light transmittance (Lt). Unlike traditional ‘stepped edge’ glass rooflights where the outer edge of the glass is vulnerable to breakage, our rooflights fully enclose the double glazed units within the perimeter framework to eliminate this risk. The top surface of the double glazed unit is flush with the external face of the perimeter frame to allow rainwater to disperse rapidly, minimising cleaning and maintenance requirements.
The extruded thermally broken aluminium perimeter frame is powder coated RAL 7016 Anthracite grey matt externally and RAL 9910 white matt internally as standard. External hip and ridge cappings are fitted for aesthetics and are powder coated RAL 7016 Anthracite grey matt to match the external perimeter frame at the base of the lantern rooflight. Other RAL colour options are available upon request.
As standard all double glazed units incorporate clear low ‘E’ glass achieving a centre pane U-value of 1.1 W/m²K.
Also available in lighter weight, higher performing triple glazing achieving a centre pane U-value of 0.6 W/m²K.
- Quality ProductFully factory assembled to ISO:9001 and Dow Corning® Quality Bond™ accredited
- Building RegulationsRooflights meet or surpass the U-value requirements of Part L Building Regulations
- GlassToughened safety glass as defined for use in BS5516 set at 40 degree slope. Double glazed units incorporate a secondary unit seal to prevent delamination due to UV light
- Thermal PerformanceHigh resistance to condensation under normal conditions compared to framed versions
- Bespoke Sizes & FinishesWide range of sizes, RAL colours and glass specifications available
- Frameless Hips & Ridge - Glass to Glass Joints InternallyInternal glass to glass joints creates a sleek frameless aesthetic
- Enhanced SecurityRooflights are delivered fully assembled. No on site construction or additional kits necessary. Significantly higher security compared to kit versions
- BRE TestedWeathertightness tested to BS EN 14351-1:2006 +A1:2010 clauses 4.2, 4.5 and 4.14
- Secure by DesignBuilding Regulations Part Q compliant solution available
Deliveries, Returns, Cancellations, Refunds, Terms and Conditions
Stock items delivered within 48 hours (subject to availability), custom sizes normally 20-25 working days (subject to workload at the time of ordering). Sliding and Circular rooflights 35 working days. Please note, due to current high demand for our products, please call for current lead times prior to ordering. Thank you.
For further information and our full terms and conditions, please see our Customer Services page.